Lets get going with a SmartOS demo!
In the following Screencast Tutorial we will cover:
- Editing our JSON payload with settings for a new Virtual Machine.
- Creating a new KVM Virtual Machine in SmartOS.
- Copying an ISO image to our new zone to be used for installation of the operating system.
- Booting our new Virtual Machine and using the ISO image as our first boot device.
- Retrieving the Vnc port settings for our running Virtual Machine
- Connecting to our Virtual Machine’s console with a Vnc client & Installing the Operating System
- Verifying ip address specified in JSON payload is passed to Virtual Machine via dhcp.
- Preparing our JSON payload in order to Clone a new Virtual Machine instance from an existing zone.
- Deploying new cloned Virtual Machines without using any additional disk space.
Here are the sample JSON files used in the screencast: JSON Sample Files